Everyone has a favourite piece of jewellery. Whether it’s a special gift or an elegant piece you love, we know you’ll want to keep it looking stunning. Each piece of Jewellery from Morphic London is an investment in soulful design and craftsmanship. Our jewellery is built to last, but proper care will help it last forever. Although signs of age and use on handcrafted jewellery pieces is part of their story and natural beauty, but with cautious care and tips listed below, you can protect your jewellery piece from damage and keep it as shiny as new for longer:
1. Keep your jewellery pieces in their original packaging or in a safe jewellery box to prevent your piece from rubbing to other surfaces and become scratched and damaged.
2. Make sure to remove your Jewellery before doing any house or garden work. We strongly recommend to take off your jewellery before shower, swimming, or any other sports activities.
3. Avoid direct contact of your jewellery with sunlight and keep them away from humidity or high temperature.
4. Avoid spraying perfumes, detergents or applying creams, lotions and oils close to your jewellery. They will lose their shine and sparkle over time.
5. All our gemstones are natural and need extra care to prevent chipping and scratching.
6. To clean your pieces:
- For solid gold pieces without gemstones you can use ultrasonic or just wash it with warm soapy (non- chemical) water and a soft tooth brush, and dry it with a soft polishing cloth.
- For Vermeil pieces you can wash them with warm, soapy (non-chemical) water and dry gently with a soft polishing cloth. Do not rub tissue papers or paper towel on your piece to dry or clean them as this will cause scratching.
- To clean Pieces with gemstones, it is safer to clean them with warm, soapy water and dry with soft polishing cloth. Use a lint-free cloth ensures no fuzz or threads will be left behind.
For deep cleaning please contact us or a professional jeweller. Never use ultrasonic cleaners or steam for all type of your jewellery. Exposure to heat or chemicals can damage some gems.
Regular cleaning with warm soapy water keeps you jewellery clean and shiny for longer and with all the tips above you will reduce the chance of corrosion, tarnishing and discolouration and damage to your special pieces.